Direct mail is one of the most powerful ways to market your products and services, but it’s easy to sabotage your efforts. Here are a few mistakes to avoid:
- Not identifying your audience. Mail gives you the ability to target specific individuals, so take advantage of that strength and decide which segments will most likely respond.
- Leasing a bad mailing list. Sending mailers to people who don’t match your intended criteria is wasteful and could prove embarrassing, too. Pharm Fresh can help you find up-to-date lists that are tailored to your needs.
- Relying on unclean data. Pharm Fresh can scrub your house list to ensure you’re not mailing pieces to inaccurate addresses, the deceased, people who have asked to be taken off your list and targets who have moved or changed jobs.
- Not presenting a compelling offer. You’re sending a piece to motivate people to act, but your mail will do just the opposite if an offer is absent or lackluster. Tweak your offer – and the benefits of your product or service – to appeal to different segments.
- Being impersonal. Personalizing your message can make targets feel like you value them individually and understand their needs and interests. Greeting them by name is one way; offering a personalized URL (PURL) is another.